Re: Changing inputs across symbols in same workspace

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Mel wrote:

> I am setting up multiple symbols in one  workspace and all have the same
> strategy and the same inputs.
>
> One of the inputs is the account size to determine number of contracts to
> trade.
>
> Is it possible to globally change this as the account size varies ( it is
> not varied inside the code by the addition of netprofit ) as I want to take
> the real amount and have the code use this value. I do not mind doing it
> once manually but it would be a
> real pain across say 30 - 40 symbols.
>
> I have tried resetting the strategy inputs in the system builder, with the
> status turned off  and also amending the account size in the code and then
> verifying - but neither worked.

I know there are no globals in TS, but what about using functions?
At the beginning of indicators call a function that returns your number of
contracts to trade given a specific input? If the input is fed to an if
that checks for a '1' = 100, '2' = 200, etc.

Wouldn't this set a value, globally, across indicators and signals?

Mike