Re: EOD data frustration

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: EOD data frustration
  • From: alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alex Matulich)
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 22:08:19 -0800

Dennis Schutten wrote:

>You are right that you still can find free end of day quotes on the
>internet. But if you design a system with for example a stoploss
>then you need to know the intraday movements.

The systems I design don't use stops as one would use them in real
life, so that shouldn't be a problem.  My systems either (a) exit on
the close with a stop-close order, (b) exit on the open with some
slippage, or (c) exit at the worst possible price, i.e. exit on the
day's high if buying or on exit on the day's low if selling.

I'm still new to TS, so I'm not sure if I can make TS do (c).  [Is
it possible?]

Neverthelsess, in all those cases, intraday prices don't matter.  I
prefer to design systems using case (c) which represents maximum
possible slippage -- any system that can generate consistent profits
under that condition will likely perform better in real life.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com