Re: OFF - TOPIC: College computer

My two cents:  if she is only interested in internet and word processing I
would get a great monitor and and a cheap pc. If she will be into video
and/or games I would buy a powerful PC, as they are not very expensive right
now. In any case I would get a very large hard drive for MP3 music files,
etc., and 256 minimum on the memory, as it is very cheap at the moment. I
have Windows 2000, Windows Me, and Windows XP Home on different boxes, and
would recommend XP. It has the stability of Windows 2000, but is simpler to
configure and easier to use. Good luck!