Re: OFF - TOPIC: College computer

My wife went back to school this fall for a MS and wanted a "new"
computer, at least something more powerful than the P233 laptop she had
been using.  She bought a year-or-so old Dell Celeron 733 for $300 on
eBay, replaced the 64Meg of RAM with 256 Meg for $30, added a Zip drive
for another $30, added a $10 network card for use with the DSL that we
have, loaded it up with Win98, Office 2000, IE 5.5, and Outlook, and it
seems to be doing just fine for her.

Jim, I hope that you and your daughter find something that fits her
needs.  And good luck to her in school.