HUMOR -- More free money from Nigeria and Sierra Leon

The two scam letters (shown below) I just received
should provide a few needed laughs in these
stressful times.

For example, the author is expressing interest
in a multimillion $$ deal, in a letter addressed
to "DEAR SIR".

For a gallery of such letters, provided with
humorous commentary, go see...

http://www.quatloos.com/cm-niger/cm-niger.htm

- mark jurik

   MR. ABUBAKAR AUDU
   Auditor General
   LAGOS - NIGERIA

   Dear sir,

   BUSINESS TRANSFER OF US$45.5M ( FORTY FIVE MILLION
   FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY)

   I am the New Auditor General to Audit Government
   Account for this 2001  year budget, during my
   auditing, I discovered that there was an over
   invoiced amount of US$45.5 Million, in United States Dollars
   Equivalent.

   The above amount is floating after my auditing,
   since it was an over - invoice amount, this means that
   the money is from a contract executed by a Foreigner
   and the real contract sum was paid  remaining the
   floating amount of US$45.5M.

   Based on this development, I cannot claim this
   money except with the help of a Foreign Partner, this is
   my mean reasons for contacting you. Now , I got your
   contact from your Country's profile abroad and I
   reserve your contact for this kind of transaction
   with trust.

   What you have to do is to send a reply mail telling
   me that you are interested in this transaction and
   trust worthy to handle this transaction for me, because I
   will put your company's name as the Contractor that
   executed the contract before and the money will be
   wired transferred to your bank account, I will then
   travel to meet you in your country for my own share
   when this amount is wired to your account.

   I would have travel out to open an account myself
   for this transfer, but as a Civil Servant I am not
   allowed to operate foreign bank account while in services ,
   hence the need for an overseas partner.

   I got your  contact  from your  country's profil
   abroad and I have put it that the money when
   transferred to your bank account will be shared as
   follows:

   1. 30% to you for acting as the owner of the money
   and for providing an account.

   2. 10% set aside for any expenses that may be
   incurred in the course of the transaction (if any).

   3. 60% to me as the owner / originator of the
   transaction

   All logistics have been put in place and all
   modalities worked out for the smooth conclusion of
   the transaction within a very short period of time
   within (14) Fourteen working days after the receipt of
   information required like your company's name,
   telephone and fax number, bank details for wire
   transfer process.

   As soon as I receive the above details I shall make
   the application in your name and file in for claims
   to the appropriate Ministries concerned in favour of
   your company. It is pertinent to state here that this
   transaction is entirely based on trust and I
   willalways put my trust in you.

   Acknowledge the receipt of this mail using my
   e-mail only please don't reply through any other means for
   security reasons.

   Yours faithfully,

   MR.  ABUBAKAR AUDU
   Auditor General

Below is a scam letter I just received that
tries to gain credibility by claiming some
Nigerians are untrustworthy. Imagine that!

Maybe I should forward this distress letter
to the author of the one above.  Then they
can both "help" each other.

The scary part in all this is that this has
been going on for years.  What does that say
about the distribution curve of human
gullibility?

Attn: Sir/Madam

My name is Mrs. Rhoda N'dour  I am from Koidu in Diamond
rich country district of Kono Region in Sierra Leon.
I am a widow of the late of the Late Roland N'dour ,
the managing director of Sierra Leon Diamond Mining
co-operation.

I know you will be surprise to receive this email
message.  But it is utmost importance to me and my
family (including my relations). It will be of utmost
importance to you too.  At the inception of the
transaction and conclusion in which you will benefit
so much..

I saw your email address in my late husband's business
directory I don't know how he got it, it could be
through you or somebody that knows you.  Anyway, I am
about to endorse my destiny and destiny of my whole
dependants on your shoulder if you can help us, it
will also of immense benefit to you too.  This
responsibility I about to give you demands utmost
trust, honesty, integrity and most important secrecy.
It is only through above fact, I and my family will be
sure of our security.

During the brutal civil war in my county my late
husband of blessed memory was brutally murdered by the
rebels led by Mr. Foday Sankoh, he was murdered with
only daughter.  But I and my two sons managed to
escape to Nigeria.  But before my late husband's
death, he told me about a BOX containing about twenty
three million United States dollars which he smuggled
out at the start of the war to a security company in
Nigeria (The security do not know the real contents of
the BOX).  He registered it with the name of my son
Benjamin N'dour  as family artifact in monuments) he
also
gave me the receipt issued to him by the security
company which I have confirmed.

The problem I have is that as a refugee, we do not have
any right to own any bank account in Nigeria and I do
not want use any Nigerian  to due to their
fraudulent ways.  I will not want to  be duped of our
only livelihood, I have sold almost all my jewelries to
keep body and soul together.

What is required is to come and open a bank in your
name so that when so that we can claim the money, it
will be lodged into your bank account for onward
transfer, through Telegraphic Transfer to your
nominated bank account overseas.   When the money is
in your account, you will then help us to secure visa
to your country so that we can settle there.  We do
not want to stay in Africa anymore,  we have many
horrible memories.

In order to make it worth your while, we will give
you 20% of the money, we have mapped out 5% for any
expenses that might be incurred during the transaction
process including expenses and remaining 75% will be
invested on your advise in any viable business
ventures in your country you may be our financial
adviser if you will have the chance.
If you want to help, you can contact my son Benjamin
N'dour on this telephone 234-1-4717718 or this
Fax 234-1-7594277.
For I am looking forward to your immediate response as
I believe that destiny has brought us together.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs. Rhoda N'dour