To Call or to Click, Which is the Faster

I have been trying to determine which is faster for placing an S&P order,
which gets executed the fastest

1. To click and send an order electronically to CUBS
2. To call someone at the trading pit

I have had two brokers tell me that even though I could place the order
electronically with them, that is was faster to call the order in directly
for better execution and fills. Another broker said that it was faster to
send the order to their CUBS interface.

What is true here? Is there any fast execution method electronically?

Those of you with experience, let's here it.

Mike.