Re.: Chaos theory

I sent the following message a  few days ago,  it never appeared in
the digest, I presume it was because of  the attachments, although my
e-mail was not returned to me.  I will send the attachments
separately:

"--" wrote:

>Bullshit. What writings have he made subject to peer review?

My definition of "true scientist" is not based on the number of
papers  published,  grants received or political victories
achieved  by carefully selecting research projects which do not
challenge present orthodoxy.  I award the title "true scientist" to a
person whose intellectual contribution is of paradigm shifting
significance. Someone who is willing to pay the price for challenging
deeply entrenched existing beliefs to advance our understanding.

>What scientific dicoveries has he made?

Prechter's book "The Wave Priciple of Human Social Behavior and the
new Science of Socionomics" presents a hypothesis for a basis of the
principle in biology, psychology and sociology. Not interested in
providing a one-line summary.

>More bullshit. You've made an accusation that he's a plagiarist.
Prove it.

1) Self-evident if you understand EWT and Mandelbrot's claim  2) Done
by Prechter (see attachments) 3) It was Elliott and Prechter who made
me aware of fractals in financial markets,  I traded them years before
Mandelbrot "discovered" them.  To claim to have discovered something
which has been practised successfully by millions of traders for half
a century is arrogance beyond belief and requires a detachment from
reality that is stunning, even in the unreal academic world. 4) Last
but not least, only my opinion.

>If you've read his writings, you'll realized that he has not
plagiarized
>anything. Everything he has written is subject to perr review and if
he had
>plagiarized anything, he would have been caught and subject to more
scathing
>attack than this.

Very much doubt that his "perrs" know of  Elliott or Prechter.  They
are probably stagnating  in Efficient Market Hypothesis.

>If you read his writings, you'll find out that price distribution is
scale invariant.....

Apparently you decided that Elliott Waves are not scale
invariant....you may want to educate yourself on EWT before making
further comparisions and asserting Mandelbrot's work is original.  I
do see why Mandelbrot's work may seem original to *you*.

You certainly have the right to be impressed by Mandelbrot.  I need
more than  reputation, credentials, large number of publications..

BAK
P.S: Attachment 1 and 2 to follow by separate e-mail.  Attachment 1 is
Prechter's letter to the Scientific American article.
Bill Wynne has already cited excerpts from this letter.
Attachment 2 is an enclosure to the letter in attachment 1.