Stock picking web sites, gurus, witches?

I have a neighbor who placed a pile of money with a M.Lynch broker who, in
March 2000, put all the money into technology and internet stocks, and has
kept him on a buy and hold strategy since that time.  With his portfolio
down 80% he's starting to ask about alternate investing strategies and I'd
like to suggest some good stock picking web sites, or reports.  Years ago I
used to subscribe to some very good reports but I've lost track of them and
I'm sure that now there are plenty on the internet.  Well, plenty of stock
picking sites, and hopefully, a few good ones.

If anyone would like to share experiences and recommendations I'd be pleased
to pass the information on to my neighbor, who does not have the time to get
involved, as we all are, in technical analysis.

John