Fw: Off topic: Does anyone have humorous arguments AGAINST efficient market hypothesis ??

  • To: "omega list" <r.bianchi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Fw: Off topic: Does anyone have humorous arguments AGAINST efficient market hypothesis ??
  • From: "Virgin Trader" <virgin_trader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 07:15:15 -0700

I can't remember  where I read it it but there is a joke that goes something
like:

Two economics professors were walking along a street when one of them
spotted something on the sidewalk...
"Look, " said one, " a $50 bill!".
"That's impossible!" said the other without bothering to look at it . "If it
was, someone would have picked it up by now."
They walked past.

> --- Robert Bianchi <r.bianchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I have to engage in a "humour" debate where I will be defending
"Technical
> > Analysis" and an academic is debating the case for "Efficient Market
> > Theory". This is a "tongue-in-cheek" debate which is meant to be more
> > entertaining than a serious debate.
> >
> > Does anyone have any interesting statements that are serious, humorous
or
> > otherwise that either SUPPORTS Tech Analysis or CRITICISES Efficient
Market