Re: Off topic: Does anyone have humorous arguments AGAINST efficient market hypothesis ??

An old story in economic theory ...

Long time ago ...
There is this tree full with an unnamed fruit.
It is sitting next to a main road where a group of tourist just arrived. (1)

Almost all the tourists try to pick the fruits off the tree.
Some of the kids even tried to climb onto the tree and get hurt. (2)

Some end up with some success.
Some collect more than they can eat.
Some collect nothing as they fails to climb the tree. (3)

There is this old guy smoking his pipe did not even try.
And he said to himself,
'The fruit must taste really bad, otherwise those who
live here will leave nothing for us ...' (4)
Of course he is right :)

Lawrence
p.s. each part explains a economic principle and
it proves EMT in (4) but disprove it in (3).
Lots of room for discussion because (4)'s assumption could be incorrect :)

--- Robert Bianchi <r.bianchi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have to engage in a "humour" debate where I will be defending "Technical
> Analysis" and an academic is debating the case for "Efficient Market
> Theory". This is a "tongue-in-cheek" debate which is meant to be more
> entertaining than a serious debate.
>
> Does anyone have any interesting statements that are serious, humorous or
> otherwise that either SUPPORTS Tech Analysis or CRITICISES Efficient Market
> Theory ??????
>
> I am trying to build up the weaponry and arsonal for this humorous look at
> financial markets.
> Any colorful comments will be gladly used on the day.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Robert Bianchi
> r.bianchi@xxxxxxxxx

=====
Lawrence Chan   http://www.tickquest.com
Transform market data into opportunities