emulating workspace assistant

I'm using tradestation pro and miss the workspace assistant from 200i
(or at least what it was meant to be).  I wonder if a strategy can be
written to emulate it.

For the symbol list it could read it, symbol by symbol, from a file but
I don't know how to get a symbol's data into a strategy.  I assume that
it would be Data2, for instance, or perhaps even the main symbol for the
graph to which the strategy is attached. What I can't find though is a
command to do this.

Does anyone know how to do this or some other way.  I would like to scan
the market for stocks with certain criteria.

TIA

I Smith