From: "Matt Proudfit" <proudfit@xxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 12:03 PM
Subject: TS Pro observations - long post

: I've been running TS pro side by side with 2000i for a few days now.  The
: PCs are identical.  2000i is fed data via esignal internet.
:
: -Watching quote windows on both machines, the price changes are
essentially
: the same (new prices are displayed simultaneously.)  As soon as my wife
: calls out a new price on 2000i, I'm calling the same new price on Pro.  As
: far as I can tell, data is being updated at essentially the same rate.
:
: -Pro shows 1500-2000 more ticks in a typical day session.
:
: -There are a few minor (to me) interface differences between Pro and
2000i.
:
: I've used Tradestation since 1993.  Back then I went with BMI satellite
: feed.  The reason I chose BMI is that a friend was running three machines
: side by side, one with Signal, one with BMI, and one with Futuresource.
: Futuresource was fastest, but most expensive and it only had futures data.
: Signal was considerably slower than the other two and their customer
support
: was notoriously bad.  BMI was in Salt Lake, just a few miles away, so for
: the above factors plus the comfort that I could always go to their office
: and see someone face to face if I got mad enough (never had to) I went
with
: BMI.
:
: BMI was fine for me - until Signal took them over.  Since then the rates
: have risen and the customer support has tanked.  Eventually I was forced
: into e-signal (because they were dropping satellite support).
:
: Along comes last week when e-signal messed with their formats and put
2000i
: down the tube.  I did the workaround to get the thing back on its feet,
but
: the fact that they made a major change like that without so much as an
email
: telling me what they were doing kind of clinched the deal for me.  I
decided
: to find another data seller.
:
: Well, what do you know, here comes an offer from Pro.
:
: So, as I said, I'm running them side by side and right now it looks like
Pro
: will do just fine.  I'm aware of the data warehousing and bad tick issues.
: I've got to tell you, I'm not that married to my data.  I've got years
worth
: of archived data - that I've never gone back to look at.  I've left my PC
on
: collecting data for weeks at a time when I'm out of town - just so I won't
: have any holes in my data.  Right about now I'm thinking it might be cool
: turn my PC off when I go on vacation.
:
: So - the question to you - Am I missing something?  It's making sense for
me
: to tell esignal to take a hike.  Pro will save me over $130 per month and
: the updates are included.  2000i isn't getting support from the company so
: don't see that product growing past its current status.
:
: Do you see any reasons not to switch?
:
: Thanks,