Re: premarket quotes

Post market quotes:
Look in the Global Server under Trade Record one tick and Trade Record one
day.  Also note the Session Close Time and Session Settlement Time.  Tick
data is stored beyond the Session Close Time in the Trade Record one tick.
A chart will plot intraday data up to the Session Close Time.  Change the
Session Close Time and the data on the chart will change.  The Trade Record
one day is a separate data file.  If the Global Server worked as the Online
User Manual states, then the Trade Record one day file would update the
Close field during the period between the Session Close Time and the Session
Settlement Time.  In my server that is not happening.  I can compare the one
tick file with the one day file and the one day file has the same Close data
as the Session Close Time for the one tick file.  I.E. the one day file does
not update its close with the data that arrives during the 3 hour settlement
period.  This is true for the DTN version of the Global Server.

rehash:
It looks like dtn and signal are sending an end of day file based on the
session close times that overwrites any update by the session settlement
time.  Or the GS Settlement Time just does not function period!.  I am
inclined to believe that the data feeds send and end of day file based on
the exchange session close rather than any changes to the data after the
close due to late reporting or corrections.  The dtn feed does send the tick
data during the settlement period but it only makes changes in the Trade
Record one tick file and has no effect on the trade record one day even
though it is within the settlement period.  Thus it appears the two data
streams are related in symbol name only.

bobr