RE: Loop Statements

Jody, try something like this:

Variables:  UpCount(0), DownCount(0), I(0);

UpCount = 0;  DownCount = 0;
For I = 0 to 9 begin
  if C[I] > C[I+1] then UpCount = UpCount + 1 else
    if C[I] < C[I+1] then DownCount = DownCount + 1;
end;

This will give you, for each bar, the number of Up bars within the last 10 bars in
UpCount, and the number of Down bars within the last 10 bars in DownCount.

Note that EL has an implicit "For" loop - the code is run once for every bar.  So if
all you want is a counter that increases with each up bar and decreases with each
down bar, then all you need is

vars:  Count(0);
if C > C[1] then Count = Count + 1 else
  if C < C[1] then Count = Count - 1;