TS2k - disappearing data

I have a continuing problem with TS2k. I don't run it in real-time,
but transfer data from TS4 as needed. I works most of the time, but it
sometimes loses data. There are a few hundred futures contracts on
TS2k, and usually only a few are updated at one time.

I also make continuous contracts on TS2k - an exacting, slow,
time-consuming process. This might result in a few years of CC data
for some contracts. The problem is that an update from TS4 of just a
few days of data causes TS2k to "forget" a LOT of data! Instead of
having, say, 500 days of tick data, it usually goes down to about 5-10
days. The rest just "disappears" and is not accessable. If this is on
a long continuous contract, it really gets obnoxious after about the
dozenth time it happens.

Might any of you know why this happens? Better yet, is there any way
to get the data back? It seems unlikely that it has really disappeared
from the data base - it might be just a matter of coaxing the server
into recognizing that it is still there. Running update does not get
it back, and rebooting doesn't either.

Any ideas much appreciated,

ztrader