Re: Need help re-entering the same order on sequential bars

I think you are misinterpreting the manual.

If you place a stop on every bar at some fixed price you will have a
permanent stop in place at that price. If the price gets hit, then
the stop order is filled. If that isn't happening something is
probably wrong in your code.

What the manual is referring to is the order notification it gives so
you can place orders with the broker. When you first place the stop,
you need to place the stop with the broker so you get notification to
do so. If your stop remains at that price you need to do nothing with
the broker. So TradeStation does not cancel that stop order with the
broker and immediately place the same order back again.

If you move your stop, TradeStation gives you notice to cancel the
old stop order and place a new one.

So, although you have to replace a stop order on each bar in your
code to keep it in place, you do not have to do the same thing with
your broker.

Confusing...

Bob Fulks