Re: BackTesting resolution

--- Bob Fulks <bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 5:28 AM -0700 8/18/01, Jack Griffin wrote:
>
> >I think the only way to do that is with omz or xpo
> >files (i.e., buy Dynaloader).  Go to the global
> server
> >and verify that your 30-minute bars are not really
> >being imported into the global server.  I know with
> 1
> >minute bars it doesn't work, pretty sure same story
> >with other time frames.  This is a bug of TS2000i.
>
> Using ASCII files works fine for me with intraday
> data, (assuming the
> file format is set correctly with the proper
> delimiters). Max said:

Hmm.  I've tried .dop methods, non .dop methods (with
headers), with volume, without volume, you name it,
but couldn't get it to work.  The global server does
say "Data Imported", but when I go to look at the data
it just isn't there, except for new daily bars.  I
haven't tried using tick data yet though.

Can someone who has had success getting intra-day data
imported into the global server please post a
correctly formatted two-day-long ascii intra-day
1-minute file with header/dop file to the list as an
example for me and anyone else who has been
unsuccessful at this?

Jack