RE: Collaboration on a GARCH DLL Anyone?

Gentlemen

Your responses to my post were encouraging and greatly appreciated. My
response to a previous question was not intended as a marketing effort at
this time. However, I can answer some of the questions raised and will
direct anyone interested to a website at a later time that will provide a
manual and discussion of the software as well as a theoretical justification
of our approach. Indeed, the sole purpose of the software is to facilitate
trading and any research into time series that one can accomplish is an
added benefit.

Our intent was similar to that of John Matthias who responded to the list -
to integrate TradeStation with S-Plus or some other high powered statistical
package. Our in-house needs could be met by doing just that type of
programming but we believe that there is a commercial opportunity that is
better served by writing the code ourselves. These packages are somewhat
expensive are include many functions and routines unnecessary from a time
series and trading perspective.

The DLL's would certainly be much faster than programming strictly within
Easy Language which is a main consideration. We are not of the mind set to
black box code that stems from formulas and algorithms published in
countless books and articles on statistics, econometrics and forecasting.
Again, that decision will be made shortly.

The price has not been determined but our desire is to make our software a
cost saving alternative to purchasing a stats package and investing the time
to integrate with TradeStation or to hire a solution provider to do the
same.

The software will be compatible with TS4, TS2k and TradeStation Pro. If
DLL's are supplied then the routines would be available to other software
programs - I assume even Excel. A beta version for testing will be available
and the list will be notified in advance. As requested, I am also compiling
a list of books and websites that are appropriate for anyone interested in
learning more about stats and time series analysis in particular.

Thanks to all
Paul