Re: Another TS Bug?

This is probably not a bug.  If you use print statements in your code you
will find the cause.  For instance, variables do not store any values prior
to the maxbarsback.  If you say value1 = highest(H,100), then on barnumber
1 the first bar will indeed be the highest bar in the last 100 bars since
all the other bars will prior to this will have zero values for value1.

At 01:11 PM 8/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I've noticed that within tradestation a weird bug can occur (surprised)?
>Anyway, with some systems I have noticed that they will get into a trade at
>the exact day after the MAXBARSBACK setting on the first trade in the series
>regardless of whether there was a signal or not!
>
>Anybody else seen this?
>
>Example, you tell it to buy at the 100 day high, lets say that 100 day high
>was hit 20 days ago, however this is the first trade in the series so it
>needs 80 more days to meet your 100 maxbarsback setting before its "allowed"
>to give you a signal. As soon as the 100 Maxbarsback is hit you get a signal
>even if your no longer at the 100 day high (providing your exit was not
>hit)!!
>
>Feedback???????????

Bill Brower
Email: 1000mileman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx