From: <cash@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 6:40 PM
Subject: Buy this bar on OPEN?

: On a 1 minute chart, I need to be able to be on the first bar of the day
and if the opening price meets my criteria, I need to place a buy order for
the stock at that price.
:
: On this same chart, I also have the daily data of the same symbol as data2
:
: If date <> date(1) then  { it's start of the day }
: begin
: If (Open < Close(1) of Data2 - 1) then buy("Long Open") at open of this
bar;
: end;
:
: But I don't think that works.  The problem is that I need to base my
decision to buy on the opening on data that I won't know until the opening.
In the real world, my strategy for doing this would obviously be different,
but what I'm trying to do would
: work for backtesting. Can anyone tell me what do I need to do to
accomplish this objective?
:
: Thanks,
:
: Cash
:
:
: "Buy Low, Sell High"
: (If this statment is used for financial gain, I am entitled to 10% of all
profits. ;) )
: