Re: Drummond Market Geometry: Personal update

Greetings Mark and Omega List!

Based on previous memory, I reply to you Mark with some degree of fear and
trepidation not experienced since my first divorce, my first SAT test and my
first sexual encounter. I am also relieved that I am not your deity of choice.
For perhaps you might find even the most splendid of Olympians dismal, tedious
and worthy of scorn :) (I'm curious to hear what you do really appreciate?)

Nevertheless, I thank you and everyone on the list who has responded either for
or against. And I am truly grateful to everyone for the decorum and humor
exercised in tone and content. Whew. Thanks again to Mike for asking the
question as I have now made some new friends out of it. I would also like to
thank the academy for giving me this Oscar...  :)

Anyway, I found it fascinating how there are three kinds of people: Those who
can count, and those who can't. (Sorry. I could not resist the joke.) Actually
I sense two VERY DISTINCT camps, discretionary and mechanical. And never the
twain shall meet apparently. If I might be so bold as to speak for the
discretionary camp (those who find the brain to be the most powerful computer
and signal analysis mechanism as of this Friday afternoon) and propose an item
of contemplation for the mechanics. When you trade a purely mechanical system,
don't you still experience the same emotions of fear, greed, anxiousness, glee,
etc, in spite of all your back testing and regardless of the simplicity of your
systems as we experientialists feel with our methods? Or do your systems truly
"liberate" you from the more vivid realms of the mind?

I ask this as a one time "system trader and writer" who, upon crossing the
great waters separating our discretionary-mechanical shores, finds the same
waves and the water still wet regardless of the direction I face.

Thomas "Om Ah Hum" Alexander
Call me "whatever" but just don't call me collect.

Mark Brown  wrote:

Hello Thomas,so let me see if i get this strait. you tried it and lost
money,thought not any fault of dmg. you would recommend it to others butyou
can't use it yourself. you paper traded it and made money. soevidently the
method is well enough defined to teach and sell as acourse, however it is not
well enough defined that anyone hasprogrammed it into a mechanical method to
accurately test it?good enough to sell not good enough to test?markps every
method of trading can be tested if it can be defined, and ifit can not be
defined then it's not a method, it's voodoo.TA> Thank you Mike for the question
as it has engaged me to step back from theTA> trees to reasses the forest. As a
reminder, I stand to neither gain nor lose byTA> my responses here. --Have a
Great Day, Markhttp://www.markbrown.com