RE: off topic: LCD monitor recommendations

I have two Hitachi 17 LCD monitors.
The size is misleading for the measurement on screen is larger than a 17 CTR
screen.  It looks like a 19 CRT screen.
This is due that on a CTR screen the measure is on the tube and not the
screen.  Part of the tube is behind  the frame that holds the tube.
The normal screen resolution for this monitor is 1024 X 1280.

After a few months use I would never go back to a CTR screen
I can work longer on the screen and there is less eye strain.
This is not to say anything about the radiation from a CTR screen which may
be doing harm.
Many traders have a number of screens and work long hours in front of a
number of screens.

My attitude is I would pay three times the over the CTR screen.
I avoided making the step going too a LSD screen because at lower
resolutions I could not get sufficient bars on the screens at lower
resolutions.
The higher resolutions were too expensive.

The main interface with the computer is the screen.  After meeting all the
needed functional requirements on the computer that is where I would put my
bucks.

Zoran