RE: TS Precision...Who cares

> >The fact is that you got what you wanted using TS, so the problem
> >is solved withing TS.
> >It's not a TS problem, it's an user problem.
>
> You really have interesting logic... You and the Cruz brothers
> seem to think that "the customer is always wrong".

Amazing that ANYone can stay in business with that philosophy.

To refer back to the example I used before, of the car with the badly-
designed fanbelt that wears through the brake lines:  I said that the
user could "work around it" by redesigning the fanbelt path or by
replacing the brake lines every day.  By Pierre's logic the problem
is "solved within the car," and "it's not a problem with the car,
it's a user problem."

Very few customers would agree with that assessment.

As I said before, I would not want to buy a car OR software from
someone with that philosophy.

> It is clear that Pierre's mind is made up so there is no use
> "confusing him with facts". Perhaps we can get on to a more useful
> discussion on other topics.

Agreed.  I had hoped that perhaps Pierre the physics teacher would
remember his Occam's Razor.  When 5-6 extremely knowledgable and
experienced people repeatedly explain *precisely* how and why TS
precision is a serious problem, and the only person supporting
Pierre's position can do so only by "proof by repeated assertion"
("repeat after me, a limitation is not a bug"), there are two likely
explanations:

  * Pierre is right, and all 5-6 of the very knowledgeable people
    are wrong.  Each of them has encountered this phenomenon in
    their previous work (NOT on Tradestation), and each of them
    totally misunderstood it.

  * All 5-6 of the very knowledgeable people know what they are
    talking about, and Pierre (for whatever reason) is mistaken.

By Occam's Razor, which seems the more likely answer?
Gary