RE: TS Precision...Who cares

At 6:06 PM +0200 8/1/01, pierre.orphelin wrote:

>Well, so you were able to work around the problem because you
>understand what you are doing ( eg using large numbers difference
>that asks for some careful debug).

Fortunately I grew up in a time when extra precision was too
expensive waste so students learned how to analyze their code for
numerical accuracy. Now days extra precision is essentially free so
you do not have to worry about it (with applications other than
TradeStation...)

>The fact is that you got what you wanted using TS, so the problem is
>solved withing TS.

What choice did I have... They have a monopoly (but hopefully not
for too much longer now that TradeStation is a "legacy product").

>It's not a TS problem, it's an user problem.

You are really have interesting logic... You and the Cruz brothers
seem to think that "the customer is always wrong". Seems like an
interesting business philosophy... I bet it will make an interesting
business school case-study someday.

>I seriouly doubt that the average user that does not succeed in
>trading system development is a victim of the software. Should be
>first his /her own victim first in most of cases.

But he will never know for sure with TradeStation...

---

It is clear that Pierre's mind is made up so there is no use
"confusing him with facts". Perhaps we can get on to a more useful
discussion on other topics.

Bob Fulks