How do I initialise averagtruerange to be filled at barnumber 1?

This must be an easy one, but I have tried a number of ways without finding
the fomrula.

What I would really like is that the average of true range, supplied in any
way (preferably a variable of my own) contains the average for true range
already at bar number 1 (which occurs after 50 bars maxbarsback). This can
be done for so many other kinds of values, so there must be a way for this
as well.

Anyone that can give a helping hand here? Somebody must have solved this
before. Maybe the only solution is to write an averagetruerange that does
the desired lookback itself on bar number one? Anybody already done that?

--- Mats ---

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.