Re: hardware for ts2k

I've run TS2k on two machines over the past few years using PC Quote.  One
is an older P400 with 192mb running W95.  Nothing special in terms of video,
hard drive etc. and it ran flawlessly.  A newer machine with PIII 800,
W2000, 7200 rpm drives, 256mb and again just a standard video card to drive
a digital LCD and it also runs flawlessly.  I also run other applications
concurrently with TS2k including IE 5.5, OE 5.5, mIRC and order entry
software.

I spent 15 years in the computer industry prior to trading so I'm not
unfamiliar with technology.  The amount of "horsepower" you need depends
upon your application.  I'm not a "power TS user" as I only trade the
indexes and therefore don't have a large number of symbols in GS.  I also
don't have a large number of workspaces (about 8) nor do I use any
indicators or systems, so this may account for my basically troublefree
operation since I evidently am not using the problem parts of TS2k.

It also helps to practice safe computing including virus scans, defrags,
scandisk (Norton or other similar programs) anti-static devices, UPS's etc.
I would also recommend keeping your trading PC just a trading PC - run the
programs you need and keep them updated, and nothing else.  Consistently
installing and uninstalling various software programs is eventually going to
cause Windows and/or other application problems.