Re[2]: Globex2 in home

Hello  Gary,

GF> Because you get a helluva lot better fills, without the rape job you
GF> get in the pit?

actually  you  are  getting  ripped  in  the  electronic pit, at least
recently  a  major firm changed ownership over night because they were
caught stealing millions per day, front running.

GF> I place multi-big-contract orders in the ND and the SP -- but I do it
GF> by placing 5x as many minis.  My profits are better, my frustrations
GF> are lower, I can see much better what's happening in the market --
GF> and my commission costs are only a smidgen higher than if I traded
GF> the big contract instead.

its   the   perfect   addiction  substance,  smaller  contract,  same
commission, looses less per trade, seems to conserve capital and whats
happening in the market is not whats happening in the market.  least i
can  not educate you to this because you can not see what i am talking
about.   someone tell me i'm wrong and we will endlessly continue this
lesson.

people  who  are obsessed with slippage and commissions are not making
enough money in the first place.  i have some models that allow for 50
dollar  commissions and  a thousand dollars per trade slippage and yet
pull out close to 3 grand a trade on the big contract.

GF> My question is - if you are serious about your trading, why WOULD you
GF> trade the full size contract?  Unless you have a huge position of big
GF> SP's to move, my experience is that you'll do better in the minis.

ask  yourself  this  question:  does  my  model  take  a  trade in the
direction  of  the  price  direction?   does  my model chase the price
direction?   am  i  a reactionary trader who looks and reacts to price
movement?    is  my  system  a  reactionary  model  that  depends  on
confirmation  of price movement to place a trade?  am i trying to be a
floor trader off the floor?  do i really know what the hell i'm doing?

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com