From: Mark Baze [mailto:mark_baze@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 June 2001 11:03
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: showing buy and sell signals

John,

Probably someone has a better idea, but I believe that
I may have once done the following using a showme to
achieve a similar effect to what you're wanting, and
perhaps it will help (note: it may be that the
following would also work directly as a signal, but I
can't remember doing that, and I may not even be
correctly remembering what I'm telling you here):
First write your signal for the 5 min timeframe in the
form of a showme (verify of course on the 5 min chart
that the showme is working correctly and that you have
a showme correlating with each buy/sell signal
generated).  Next, make a new chart so that the daily
bars are now data1 and the 5 min bars are data2 (i.e.,
the opposite of what I assume you now have).  Make
data2 hidden (Format Symbol -> Properties), which will
allow the daily bars to appear in a non-expanded,
easily viewed fashion.  Now, make the further obvious
modification to the showme you made and tested earlier
for the 5 min timeframe:  make every close, open, etc.
that corresponds to using the 5 min bars be made to
reference data2 (and of course any close, open, etc.
that was making reference to any aspect of a daily bar
now needs to be defaulted to data1).  Apply this
showme to the daily bars in your new chart.  If I'm
right, you should have a showme(s) appear on each
daily bar in which a 5 min signal would have been
generated during that day.  I hope I've remembered
this correctly and perhaps you can just follow these
guidelines to more straightforwardly make a workable
signal instead.  Right or wrong, I think the key in
any event is probably to somehow have the 5 min
timeframe in hidden mode so that you're able to
properly view the daily bars.

Mark