RAM Memory Latency

 Today I  purchased some additional memory for my PC. Originally, I
bought it with PC100/128mm Ram SDRAM. Subsequently, I added 64mm of
PC133 SDRAM. Both were CAS"2" class memory. The memory that I purchased
today is 128mm of PC133 SDRAM. Upon installing it, that I found out that
it is CAS"3" memory. In order to get the PC to run , I changed my BIOS
setting to CAS "3". I will probably exchange this memory for some which
is fully compatible to the rest of my memory. My questions are several:

 1. What does  CAS2 and CAS3 mean? Why should that matter to me in this
instance?

 2. Will there be any long term effect by running PC100 memory with
PC133 memory? I was told that PC133 will only default back to the speed
of the slowest memory.

3. Will there be any long term effect on my PC as a result of changing
the BIOS setting to CAS3 from CAS2, if I were to decide to leave the
memory as it is?

Your insight will be most appreciated.