Radarscreen questions

Im relatively new to Easylanguage - both questions are for  TS2000i

Simple task - I just want the background color in radarscreen to change
depending on
a condition. It doesnt work - but you can set the column background
manually.
My code is simple

If condition1 then
begin
		SetplotBGColor(4,CYAN);
		SetplotColor(4,BLACK);
		plot4("Sell");
end;

I have tried removing the condition and just plotting a the column and it
still doesnt work
so its not my condition.

Also...

Is there anybody else who is who hates the "alert" and having to click on
the
alert window then press close every single time... PLEASE let me know if you
have an alternative.  (I dont want to keep radarscreen up all the time and
watch
for alerts either - I just want a window that stays on top with the alerts
going by -
Then I look at the ones that I want to.... but anything other then the
standard alert would
 be better I think.

Thanks