Problem solved: MicroSoft Data Access & TS2000i installation

I solved the problem with the generous suggestions of Randy Smith and
Kimberly.
For those interested I include Randy's answer below.

This is from Omega knowledge base re:
   By Product:
                                      By Keyword:

  DocumentID: 639
   Last Updated on: 7/6/00

    MDAC Loop During Installation

    Abstract:

    This document provides instructions for resolving an issue where the
MDAC
installation loops
    and the software installation program does not progress. Once MDAC is
installed and the
    computer has been rebooted, you receive the same prompt to install MDAC.
Editing the
    Windows Registry can resolve this condition.

    How To:

    WARNING: From the Microsoft website - "Using Registry Editor incorrectly
can
cause
    serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows 95/98 or
Windows
NT. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of
Registry
Editor can be
    solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. For information on how to
edit
the registry, view
    the Changing Keys and Values online Help topic in Registry Editor
(Regedit.exe). Note that
    you should make a backup copy of the registry files (System.dat and
User.dat) before you
    edit the registry."

    Use these steps to edit the registry values:

      1.Abort the installation of the Omega Research Software if it is
currently
running.
      2.Click the Start | Run menu sequence.
      3.In the Open edit box type REGEDIT and click OK.
      4.Click the plus sign (+) next to the entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
      5.Click the + next to SOFTWARE that is revealed.
      6.Click the + next to Microsoft that is revealed. You may have to
scroll
down in the
         window to find the entry.
      7.Click the DataAccess folder to highlight it. You may have to scroll
down
to find the
         entry.
      8.In the right-hand pane, click the FullInstalVer registry key once to
highlight it.
      9.Click the Edit | Modify menu.
     10.Enter the value 2.12.4202.3 and click OK.
     11.Click the Version registry key once to highlight it.
     12.Click the Edit | Modify menu.
     13.Enter the value 2.1.2 and click OK.
     14.Click the Registry | Exit menu to close the Registry Editor.
     15.Restart the installation. It is not necessary to reboot the
computer.

   good Luck

Randy Smith