RE: TradeStation Pro Review

Metastock 7.0 is extremely easy to use - very user-friendly.  I do not use
it very often, but I have never met with any bugs.  It has very good data
reliability, you can get continuously corrected real-time quotes.  TS is on
the other side of the spectrum.  Expext numerous bugs, shortcomings, it's
sometimes pretty cumbersome to use, sometimes does very odd things that can
only be fixed by rebooting.  And quite bad real-time data capability as
well.

All said, TS has tremendously more functionality.  In EasyLanguage, you can
actually *program* whatever you want.  And if there's even more that you
want, you can write your own dll's, and make TS to run these.  With TS it is
possible, for example, to write a routine in Matlab that does various matrix
manipulations, and get TS to run it (of course, you would need some
additional software to accomplish this), and then display the result of your
analysis on a custom-programmed, sophisticated 3d interface.  Here,
Metastock falls to the other end of the spectrum.  Of course, they call
their formula-building capability also a "language", but it has not evolved
out of the cave yet - you will get very frustrated if you want to program
anything more than a simple indicator.

So my conclusion is that if you need good data managing capability,
extremely good reliability with real-time data, and do not plan to trade
very sophisticated technologies, get Metastock Pro.  However, if you want
more "scientific" work, you may have to get TS.  We do all testing in TS.
But we expect to convert all our trading to MS Pro soon.

Ivo