Re: SP lock limit bounce?

> It seems that if the ND has already hit the limit even
> though the NQ has not, that that is the end of the first limit level for
> the day--even for the NQ and therefore the NQ is free of the initial
> limit restrictions even though it never hit limit.

Don't think I've ever seen a case where the big SP touched the limit and
the mini SP didn't. If anything, the mini tends to get there first. One
thing though, gotta be careful about how you calculate the limit price.
It's calculated from the official settlement price of the big contract.
On the minis, if that doesn't land on an exact tick, you round to the
next highest tick for a down limit. Some quote services only give the
last tick, not the settlement, for the minis. If you are looking at that
as the basis for the limit, it will probably be wrong.

So, let's look at tomorrow's (tonight's) ND and NQ down limits.

ND settlement 2275.00
               -95.00
Limit         2180.00

NQ last tick  2269.00
               -95.00
Limit         2174.00   [WRONG!!! - it's 2180.00]

--
  Dennis