Re: Futures Truth Bashing

> Let the readers of this mailing list take note. Mark Brown says that not
> only
> Futures Truth, but Futures Magazine and S&C are also unethical. Readers,
> please draw your own conclusions from this.

Okay I will. I conclude that Mark Brown is one smart feller. Ever read a
bad review of a product with big glossy ads in Futures or TASC? I
haven't. Ever seen Consumer Reports accept advertisements from a product
they are reviewing? Not likely. Maybe unethical is a bit strong but
everybody knows the advertising department of most magazines sets the
'tone' of what can and cannot be said by the editorial department about
certain products. Business 101.... don't piss off your golden geese (big
advertisers.) And when the mags accept ad copy that is deceptive or an
outright lie, like many of the trading system ads in the trading rags,
that is getting very close to unethical. They will claim that they are
not responsible for verifying the truthfulness of their advertisers. I
say BULL. Some of it is so blatant it doesn't even pass the giggle test.

--
  Dennis