Re: Futures Truth Bashing

> > Other conflicts which concern me about Futures "Truth:"
> >
> >  1) Futures Truth principles are themselves system vendors under a
>different
> >  corporation and to my knowledge have not disclosed this fact to their
> >  competitors whose systems they rate, nor at the Futures Truth site.
>OTOH,
> >  their vendor site lets us know they've seen more systems than anyone
>else
> >  and therefore are experts in system design.
>
>Nope. Fully disclosed. Let me quote again from Page 1 of their publication:
>
>"CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Futures Truth Magazine does track systems that are
>created and sold by Futures Truth Company."

Where is this on their web site? Does it disclose they own another separate
corporation that sells systems?

>Isn't the real issue whether they rank their own systems by the same
>criteria
>as outside systems? Is there any evidence that they rank their own systems
>different? I doubt it.
>
> >  2) They apparently now accept advertising from the people they "rate."
> >  Imagine if Consumer Reports accepted advertising from GM, but not Ford.
> >  Would you believe  their car ratings?
>
>I'm not sure what your point is. You feel that they only accept advertising
>from trading system vendors they rate? Or is it that you feel accepting
>advertising from people you rate is in general unethical? If so, Futures
>and
>S&C and all kinds of other trade publications are also unethical. There
>wouldn't be any trade publication left.

All I'm saying here is to consider the source. That goes for S&C too, and
all those glowing TS2K reviews.

> >  This is not to say there is not value at their site, and who knows
>about
> >  their book, but keep your eyes wide open. As X-files say: "The truth is
>out
> >  there," but you might not find it @ http://www.futurestruth.com
>
>I have seen no evidence they have been untruthful about anything.

Now, if you sent them a system, and a few months later their other vendor
corporation starts selling a similar "new" system, would you feel that way?
Their vendor site even brags about how many systems they've seen and what an
advantage that gives them in system development.

I see no disclosures @ http://www.futurestruth.com regarding the fact that
they are competing (UNDER A DIFFERENT CORPORATE NAME) with the developers
that they rate. Maybe I missed it. Where on the site is that disclosure?

Thanks,

BW