Re: Need help on DTN/TS2000i

When upgrading from NT4 to W2k on a system that already had DTN, 920,
and TS2k running, I had problems with serial ports. The 920 card would
not use the COM1 or COM2 even though these were freed up on the system
mother board BIOS and no other conflicts. W2k device manager always
indicated that these were taken, so they were grayed out and gave a list
of additional comm ports.

I had to go into SETTINGS | CONTROL PANEL | ADD/REMOVE HARDWARE |
UNINSTALL/UNPLUG A DEVICE | UNINSTALL A DEVICE

then, check "Show hidden devices" and delete all COM devices. Shut down,
reboot and "Plug and Play" should find the 920 and install it as COM1
and COM2. You will need the w2k drivers for the 920.

W2k, DTN, 920 and TS2k do work.

If you only upgraded the OS, then it is probably something like this.