Re: w2k/TS4

It was here:

http://omegaresearch.com/support/knowledge_base_full.asp?DocumentID=608

>From Omega's site:

Abstract:

This document discusses testing between TradeStation 4.0, OptionStation 1.2,
and SuperCharts 4.0 products and the Windows 2000 Operating System.
Note: SuperCharts 4.0 End of Day version does not include a Security Block.

How To:

The only issue encountered to date between the products has been related to
the Security Block drivers. In order for the block to be recognized, the
steps outlined in the Ntreadme.wri file located in the Omega\Prog\Drivers\NT
directory must be completed. The text of this file is included below. In
addition, the following lines must be added to the system.ini file as the
first two lines under the [386Enh] Section as follows:

[386Enh]
device=ssiact.386
SSI_LPT=1

1 is used for LPT1, 2 for LPT2, etc. if the block is attached to a port
other than LPT1.

Text of Ntreadme.wri file:

NOTE: Using Windows 2000, the System32 directory is located in the Windows
directory, not WINNT as outlined below. Please use the Windows\SYSTEM32 or
Windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory where applicable.

Manual Installation of the Security Block under Windows NT

The following is a list of instruction on how to manually install the
drivers for the Security Block under the Windows NT operating system:

Step 1

Copy the following files located in your OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
the WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ directory:

SSIDDDP.SYS

SSIPDDP.SYS

Step 2

Copy the following file located in your OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT directory to
the WINNT\SYSTEM32\ directory:

SSIVDDP.DLL

Step 3

Add the following line to the CONFIG.NT file in Windows NT WINNT\SYSTEM32
directory.

DEVICE=%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\SSIDDDP.SYS

Step 4

Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type the letter of the drive in
which your Omega directory resides followed by the colon and the pressing
Enter or Return key.

Then Type in the following line followed by pressing the Enter or Return
key.

CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGI install

If you are installing your Security Block on LPT1, STOP HERE and restart
your computer. You have completed the installation of the Security Block. If
you are installing the Security Block on another LPT port continue with the
remaining steps.

Step 5

Locate your MS-DOS prompt. At the prompt type the letter of the drive in
which your Omega directory resides followed by the colon and the pressing
Enter or Return key.

Then Type in the following line followed by pressing the Enter or Return
key.

CD\OMEGA\PROG\DRIVERS\NT\SSIREGM LPTPort=n

(n, representing the number assigned to your parallel port)

You have completed the installation of the Security Block.

Upgrading to TradeStation Version 4.0

When you are upgrading from a previous version of TradeStation to the
current build and you get the message 'SSIACT.386 not loaded' after
rebooting, you will need to perform these steps:

1. Locate the Control Panel. (This can be found under the program group MAIN
in Windows NT 3.5X or START - SETTINGS in Windows NT 4.0)

2. Double click the Devices.

3. Find the Device name "SSIPDDP: Parallel port device driver," then click
on the listing to highlight it.

4. Click on the Startup... button.

5. Select the Disabled radio button and click OK.

6. You will now need to reboot your computer.

Once you have restarted Windows NT, you will be prompted that the SSIVDDP -
SSIPDDP driver has not been loaded. Please disregard this message and
proceed with the installation of TradeStation 4.0. Once the installation is
complete, Setup will ask you if you would like to restart the computer.
Click NO. You will need to enable the device SSIPDDP. Perform the following
steps to ensure proper installation:

1. Locate the Control Panel. (This can be found under the program group MAIN
in Windows NT 3.5X or START - SETTINGS in Windows NT 4.0)

2. Double click the Devices.

3. Find the Device named "SSIPDDP: Parallel port device driver," then click
on the listing to highlight it.

4. Click on the Startup... button.

5. Select the Automatic radio button and click OK.

6. You will now need to restart the computer.

THE INSTALLATION IS NOW COMPLETE.

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation not supported on
replicable databases that have not been converted to the current version.

/support/knowledge_base_full.asp, line 183