RE: Off topic: Field Financial Group

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like the type of service you describe
would be unacceptable.

I did manage to get my current broker to agree to discount (again) the
commissions I pay because of the volume I'm doing now, but I'm still paying
quite a bit more than what Field Financial is offering. However, with my
current broker I have access to an order desk with competent clerks that I
can call at any time. I seem to make at least one call a day to check on the
status of an order, or place an order when the online order system is acting
funky. I wouldn't want to give that up, but I'm considering a second account
somewhere at lower rates. I know I shouldn't expect the same level of
service at deeply discounted rates but there's a mininum level of service
that has to be there.

I was also looking at InteractiveBrokers but unfortunately they aren't
taking Canadian customers right now because of some regulatory problems.

Dave