Re: Computer language ( wrong understanding)

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Lawrence Chan <stnahc@xxxxxxxx>
À : pierre.orphelin <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : mardi 12 décembre 2000 03:07
Objet : Re: Computer language ( wrong understanding)

>P.O.
>
>Don't get too defensive when I talked about TS.

Old reflex...

>My mesg did say something good about its easylang
>and that it is hard to duplicate the same
>in other scripting lang at the same abstract level :)
>
>You are right that you have to define the expressions
>first in EL to achieve the speed gain though.
>
>And yes, after disappointment caused by TS and TW,
>I will deliver another trading platform - but I am
>still a TS owner and will still be a trader as always.
>

>We will see how far our app will go :) One thing I
>am sure is that my app will keep improving while
>I am using it real time. I do not anticipate
>competition from TS at all because I expect they are
>dropping out of the standalone app arena :)

They will drop in the future because the Internet solution is the way to go.
You must know that the next datafeed generation will be  distributed  though the internet in less than maybe 2 or 3 years, leaving the satellite solution as a solution from the past that will  fade with time.

Again, they have made the good choice, and the Prosuite development  has found a new direction in the TS Pro platform ( let me recall that TS pro is  a local based softare, strictly equivalent to TS2000i regarding to EL and main functionalities, that it WORKS offline too, and that only the database is on a distant server. Even the data collected  are store on your HD, as  your studies, strategies, /program directory).
This also can be seen as a way to defeat  software piracy.

>Just like the Window on Wallstreet satellite version,
>I bought it, thought it will do the job, it was
>buggy and after multiple releases no improvements.
>Then omega bought it, next thing I know Omega
>dropped the satellite version - what should I do?
>I am not whining about functionality, but pure
>killing of an app because omega bought the
>company to kill off its competition ...

Omega also bought WOW for other reasons.
Maybe they could have been competitors, but the fact is that they developed something interesting to broadcast data from the internet.
So if Omega killed  a competitor and improved its technology in the same time, I cannot see anything to say wrong, if t this is for their benefit and the benefit of the TS community users.

As usual...

Sincerely,

PO