Re: TS Pro

I have been running TS Pro fro several weeks now.  The first version
downloaded and ran better than any version of TS2k.  I am running TS2k in
one monitor and Pro in the other.  The graphics seem a bit better to me on
Pro.  Needless to say the computer resources for Pro are only a fraction of
Ts2k.  You can load any stock in it faster than TS2k and I only have a 80K
bps ISDN line.  Data arrives from 1/2 second to many seconds in a fast
market faster than DTN 8000 satellite receiver.  Menus are a bit easier.
The power editor seems a bit different and perhaps not as powerful as TS2k
but I have no real facts on this.  I had systems and indicators so I have
only written a couple in Pro.  I like being able to get News and I do have
Level II, not that I know what to do with either one.  In time and sales you
can see the filtered trades and the data works very much better than DTN who
sends ever tick no matter how wrong.  I don't have to worry about data with
Pro then again I don't own data now.  When I leave town I don't have to
leave the Global Server running and hope it will be on when I get back.  I
don't have to mess with adding new issues or buying a new drive to store or
backup the 4 gig of data I have with TS2k.  No more reindexing data if the
program blows up and corrupts the data.  I can access the market from
anywhere with just an internet connection.

I do worry about not having another data source.  There is a limit to how
many stocks you can monitor due to your internet connection.  Even with my
only fair speed connection watching 25 different stocks and three them in
different time frames I don't have a bandwidth problem.  My numbers on this
are as follows.

Connection out here in the boondocks is only 40 to 85 K bps or about 5,000
to 10,000 bits or bytes or whatever they are.  At 5,000 min. in a fast
market I only see my 25 stocks using about 1,400 bytes of the min. of 5,000.
Even my 56k connection which is really poor out here will handle this easily
if the ISDN is down.

Tick and minute data is limited I guess because they are only using the
filtered data and not the crap from Historybunk.com.  If you need 6 months
of data you need to wait five more months to try it.

Bid and ask are available but don't seem to be set up to chart.  I have an
indicator that charts the high low and close so I don't see why one can't be
written to chart the bid and ask.

Jimmy