RE: problems with trendline extension in TS2K

J Hamon,

Well here's a third option you can try to get around this problem of erratic
trendlines.

In addition to trendlines thickness and video adjustments, why don't you
make absolutely sure that the trendline was not created in a time frame
larger than the one you notice this erratic trendline behavior.

By that I mean, if you create the trendline on a chart of say 15 minutes
that is set to use 25 days of back data, and then change the same chart to a
5 minute timeframe using perhaps 5 days of back data, the trendline will get
very confused. If the start of the trendline is more than 5 days back, then
the poor old trendline cannot re-create itself on days that no longer exist.

The solution is to be sure the default (days back) for every timeframe you
use, is the same.

This may create other problems, but it will solve the problem of trendlines
moving on their own.

Peter