Re: Arg! Need help resolving 'print' statement discrepancey

At 2:43 PM -0500 11/18/00, Robert Cavaleri wrote:

>I am frustrated. I am working on a strategy that tests for ADX(14) to be
>above a certain level (20) before taking action. I am clearly looking at
>the chart, and the plot with ADX(14) in there, and I can see that it is
>way above 20. If I go to put a print statement in the ADX indicator like
>so:

This sounds exactly like the MaxBarsBack setting for the Strategy is set to a different number than for the Indicator.

If you make then the same, it is highly likely that they will give the same values.

In effect, the two programs are beginning on different bars.

It is a good idea to start each printed line with data an time of each bar so you can quickly spot these kinds of problems.

Bob Fulks