Bulgarian Pirate Site Scare

>It appears that the authors of the site have used some JavaScript code to
>scramble the source of their site. Usually it would be done to protect the
>design elements of the HTML code so people would not steal their code (if
>the site had any redeeming value) - but why in their case is unclear to
>me.

Someone told me it was to protect the location of servers they use,  which
can be in countries that have anti-piracy laws.

>It appears to be pretty innocent - but without being able to see all of
>the JavaScript code one can never know for sure. I have been on this page
>number of times and even tested some files from the site. There appears
>to be no trojan programs or virii being executed on the system.

One of the most respected members of this list, imo,  decoded this.  He
noticed no harmful stuff.  I notice he cc'd the list but I don't think it
ever showed up.  Maybe too long.

>It is good that he tried to warn all of us - but it might have scared a
>lot of people unnecessarily.

Many appologies if I unduly scared anyone.

David