Re: Dual Monitor Cards; Dell & Gateway

> My subjective impressions re fancy video cards, multi-monitor or not, are
that
> the weak link in the chain is TradeStation as well as the data feed speed,
so
> that, at least in my experience, any 4 MB/monitor PCI video card that can
display
> a 1024 X 768 image in 256 colors will suffice, except if you are running a
20-21
> inch monitor, where you can effectively employ a greater resolution than
1024 x
> 768.  For TradeStation, I am unaware of any benefit received from using
any
> faster or fancier video card.  I would appreciate receiving any objective
> information to the contrary.

I second the above.  Less is more.  For example, my new Dell had an ATI Rage
card.  After a while, we figured out that it was not compatible with most
drawing tools of TS4 or TS2000i -- had to turn off essentially all
acceleration features to make them draw correctly.  This was a bit too slow
for my taste.

The good news was that I was able to use the hot new vid card for a second
monitor for news only, while I pulled an old (as in 6-7 year old) Graphics
Blaster out of a dead old PC, and installed (Win2000) and it works great for
TS.  Go figure.

Chris