Re: SCSI drives

Bob Fulks wrote:

> The new Ultra ATA100 drives are quite a bit cheaper and faster than
> SCSI now. Below is listed the NBench read test results for four
> different combinations I recently tested:

 As a side note, I was on the phone with someone at Micron computers a
few days ago, and learned that their ATA-100 controller is not presently
compatible with the Creative Labs soundBlaster cards. Your choice is to
settle for ATA-66 and a sound card, or an ATA-100 and 'onboard'
sound...the sound circuitry is integrated on the mobo. Their engineers
are working on a fix, but no estimated time for the fix was available.

Regards,
Monte