Re: Quote.com data

Dear Kent, NHBob, & Group,

NHBob's experience hasn't been my own, at least recently.  Since the end of last
year, when I was forced to abandon TS 3.5 and by desire quit BMI, I have been
using QFeed (from Quote.com) to feed DynaStore to feed TS4 for my exceedingly
short-term trading of the stock index futures.  My experience with QFeed now is
that the only gaps that I am aware of occur possibly every week or two and are
usually no more than a minute or two; there are bursts routinely, although my
experience is that the interval between bursts is usually less than several
seconds; there are routine server outages, although they also have many servers,
and at least the DynaStore program that I am using immediately switches to
another server if the one it is using goes out, resulting in a gap of perhaps
10-15 seconds, which occurs in my awareness perhaps every few days to a week; my
last log-on failure was last Sunday morning, when I was trying to download
backdata, which was the only log-on failure that I can recently recall.

Yes, QFeed has had its problems.  In my experience, its problems are occurring
less frequently, and all in all I am pleased with its service.  No, I don't want
to go back to DBC.  Perhaps others on this list have found another realtime data
service that they prefer for futures daytrading, preferably one compatible with
TS4.  If so, I would invite their suggestions, comments, and comparisons.
Similarly, perhaps others on this list have more information about any current
problems with QFeed's data stream, and I invite their comments as well.

Sincerely,

Richard