Re: Omega hacking your system?

<x-flowed>
Unrelated to your particular question, know that I previously posted a
warning about the use of ZoneAlarm for traders.

If you have a real-time quote stream that depends on a network in any way
(via the Internet, or by way of an Ethernet connection from, say, S&P
Comstock's CPE), that will all come to a dead stop when one of those ZA
dialog boxes pops up. Network activity will resume when the dialog box is
dismissed. The time between will be a gap in the data.

Allan

At 07:15 PM 8/1/2000, Kent Rollins wrote:
>Has anyone else using ZoneAlarm gotten an attempted FTP connection from
>ftp.historybase.com?  I punched www.historybase.com in IE and it redirected
>me to our favorite software provider's homepage.  It happened today for the
>second time in 2 days and I was on different dynamically assigned IP
>addresses each time.  And neither time had I connected to any omega site to
>download anything.  What's up with that?  Anyone else gotten hit?
>
>In case you don't know, you can sometimes track down an IP address by
>bringing up a command line prompt and typing in "tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".
>This works on NT systems.  I don't know if 95 has tracert.
>
>Kent

>Ralph Cruz, co-CEO of Omega Research (Nasdaq: OMGA - news), notes,
>``In terms of marketing, we are big believers that it is better to be
>different than it is to be better. We do not try to identify or
>create products that are better than existing solutions. We try to
>identify market segments that currently are not being met by any body
>else and develop a unique solution for that segment,''
</x-flowed>