Which is better buying options at the close or the open?

Hi,

I've a question for you option experts. Firstly, I have bought and sold many
futures options so I know about that part.

What I am thinking about is this, assuming that you have to buy an option
either at the close of today or the open tomorrow which is the better idea.
(Don't bother telling me neither.) It seems to me that the price range for
today is known and the price has had a chance to zero in so to speak.
Tomorrow at the open the bid ask might be very wide because of gaps and
other radical price movement.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Prosper