Re: Intitial Trading Methodolgy

Hi, Anthony --

Since you are asking someone and no one in particular, I will give you
my point of view on your question.

Say, you became a parent..
How long will take for you to be a good father? Year? Two years? Ten
years?
Every day that you spent with your kid will bring you new and
important information on how to be better father or how to have better
relations with your child.
You will learn and modify your fathers' style to communicate with kid
every single day of your life.  You will teach your kid the things you
know and learn a lot from your kid.
Same things with anything if you are asking on how to develop
professional style.

Take a look at big traders, which books and works you learn.  Whenever
he or she developed new trading style and think that the old one is no
good anymore they will publish a book.
Those guys learn their trading style hard way by experimenting this
way or that way.  I do not know them, but I am sure that this is the
"way to go".
Education or use of purchased system will bring you no style.
Can you get real life experience by reading books?

Here is the direct answer on your question.
You Long, say on S&P futures.  You have no idea on how market will
react on speech of Federal Reserve Chairman.  You put protective stop
below the previous low. At the moment Federal Reserve Chairman
appeared on TV screen your protective stop was hit and then market
rally.  Now you will have real experience.
Next time if you will decide to go Long before the News you may put no
protective stop, or you may close your position. From now on that
experience will be part of your trading style, and whenever you want
to construct a system you will build it with the knowledge of that new
experience.

Regards,

Val