Re: Initial Trade Methodology

  • To: Anthony3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Initial Trade Methodology
  • From: Dennis Holverstott <dennis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:40:04 -0700

> I've heard people say that to find yourself when starting off trading,
> to try a methodology/system/indicator...see if you like it, and go on
> from there.  Does this mean to go with the first thing thrown your way?

That seems like a pretty inefficient way to do things. A good survey of
different methods is Perry Kaufman's "Trading Systems and Methods." It's
a gold mine of ideas and reading it will give you a broad overview of
most different methods and help you narrow down the choices. It costs a
lot less than dozens of seminars/courses and will give you almost as
much information. Most gurus' methods could easily be summarized in a
few paragraph or two if they weren't so interested in charging the big
bucks for their "secrets."

My $.02,
Dennis